Friday, June 22, 2012

portobello market

Today I fell a little deeper in love with London, and all credit goes entirely to Portobello Market. As you know, anything second-hand or old gets to me, so searching for antique treasures all saturday morning was way too perfect.  Here's just how perfect:

I meandered down Portobello's cobblestoned road, taking in the smells of fresh falafel and crepes cooking in the background.
I went from stand to stand, trying on vintage diamond rings and watches and talking to cute old British men about their antique book collections. 
Stamps, printing press letters, cameras, binoculars, monocles, collectable cigarette cards, tea sets, and other random nick-nacks were all too charming to pass up without a closer look and a conversation with the vendor.
All I can say after this is, my flea market standards have definitely skyrocketed.
portobello road
my FAVE book booth!  I am going back because the old man running this booth was my favorite. plus I want an old winnie the pooh book so badly.
 
we didn't eat here or anything but I just think this is cute, and very English.
 homemade mallows!  free samples were had.
 I had to take a picture of this thrift store classic, done better in the UK.
 the dollar store!  haha
 cameras cameras cameras. vintage and in working order!  
without fail, jewelry stops me in my tracks #attractedtoshinythings
 old type blocks!
fruit stands errywhere!
tomatoes sold on the vine
bakery stands errywhere!

Portobello Market, you have my heart. 

3 comments:

  1. Jules, I am so happy for you. What a wonderful experience. Wish I was there too :) Keep the bloggin comin! I want to experience it with you!!
    Love and enjoy!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Portobello Road was my favorite area when I was in London a few years ago. Lovin the blog girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete